2014 Indonesia national football team results

Included just matches against country.

Included just matches against country.

Included just matches against country.

Included just matches against country.



Included just matches against country.

Included just matches against country.


Westpac Bank Building, Townsville

Westpac Bank Building is a heritage-listed bank building at 337-343 Flinders Street, Townsville CBD, City of Townsville, Queensland, Australia. It was designed by Hall and Cook and built in 1935 by Stuart Brothers (Sydney). It was added to the Queensland Heritage Register on 13 May 2004.

An imposing two-storeyed masonry building, the Westpac Bank was erected in 1935 as the Bank of New South Wales. This building was the third premises built by the bank in Townsville.

The Bank of New South Wales, founded in 1817, was intimately associated with the early development of Townsville. Robert Towns, the co-founder of Townsville, was a director of the Bank of New South Wales. Not surprisingly, he was instrumental in encouraging the bank to establish a branch at Cleveland Bay. After some delays, the Bank of New South Wales opened a branch in rented premises on 20 March 1866. The Bank of NSW was the second in the settlement, after the Australian Joint Stock Bank which had opened a month earlier.

The Bank purchased an allotment on the corner of the Strand and Wickham Street in 1867 and premises and a manager’s residence were erected two years later. Anticipating the future growth of Townsville in Flinders Street East, the Bank purchased two allotments on the corner of Flinders and Wickham Streets in 1875. Two-storeyed premises were erected in 1887.

As the centre of the business district shifted westwards along Flinders Street, the bank again decided to relocate its Townsville branch. In 1915, the Bank of NSW purchased an allotment on the corner of Flinders and Stokes Streets. As with the previous relocation, the bank did not erect new premises immediately. The shops on the allotment were rented and some sold in 1922. More than fifteen years after the initial purchase of the land, Brisbane architect, Francis Richard Hall, senior partner of Hall and Cook, was commissioned to prepare plans for a new building containing offices and shops as well as facilities for the bank.

The building costing £32,345 was constructed by Stuart Brothers of Sydney and completed in 1935. It was occupied by the Bank of NSW which had amalgamated in 1931 with the Australian Bank of Commerce, formerly the Australian Joint Stock Bank. The building was considered one of Townsville’s most „imposing edifices“ at the time of construction. It was designed to ameliorate the hot climate through the use of cross ventilation and cavity construction. Elaborate bronze entrance doors were a feature of the elevations and cost over £1,000. The banking chamber had paneled wainscots and counters in north Queensland maple.

Renovations were carried out in 1961, 1966, 1968 and 1971. The exterior has been subject to minor alterations while the interior on the ground floor has been refurbished.

Located on the corner of Flinders Street Mall and Stokes Street, in the centre of Townsville, the Westpac Bank is a two storeyed masonry building with a smaller attic storey. Built up to the property alignment on the street sides, the building is roughly L-shaped in plan with a single storey service zone occupying the rear of the site. The south east frontage to Flinders Street is 62 feet (19 m) long and the north east frontage to Stokes Street is 135 feet (41 m). Constructed of reinforced concrete with an outer brick veneer, the walls are generally finished with cement render, now painted.

The street facades are designed in an imposing classical style. Giant Tuscan order colonnades are terminated in solid corners with banded rustication. The columns sit on a raised base, about a metre above the Flinders Street level, and carry a simple entablature surmounted by a more ornamental parapet with a central cartouche and panels of classical balusters. The name of the bank, flanked by circular motifs, is written in the frieze. The base of the building, which has been refinished with a pebble aggregate, diminishes on the Stokes Street side due to a gentle rise towards the north. The northernmost part of the Stokes Street elevation, originally two shops, is face brickwork with a rendered entablature matching the main part of the building. An awning projects over the footpath in front of the brick section. Most of the windows are generously proportioned steel framed casements with simple classical architraves.

The banking chamber, which occupies the corner position on the ground floor, has entrances from both Flinders Street and Stokes Street. The Flinders Street entrance is raised about five steps above the footpath level. The entrance doors are located centrally in the walls behind the colonnades. These walls are decorated with pilasters, positioned directly behind the columns. Simple ironwork panels and gates are positioned between the bases of the columns. Automatic aluminium doors have replaced the original bronze doors. The banking chamber, although much altered, is in the original location and retains some original structural walls and columns. The remainder of the ground floor is occupied by the bank and used for offices, storage and staff facilities. Due to the slope in Stokes Street the northern end of the ground floor has been built at a higher level. An additional ground floor entrance on Stokes Street opens directly into the higher level.

Entrances to the upper floors are located on both Flinders and Stokes Streets. The Flinders street entrance, located in the banded section of wall on the southern end of the colonnade, leads to an entry vestibule and dogleg staircase. The stair, which extends to the third level, has terrazzo treads and risers, a timber handrail and a decorative iron balustrade.

The Stokes Street entrance to the second level is less prominent, being positioned in a gap between the rendered and the brick sections of the building. The stair at this entrance is a single straight flight terminating in a landing located closer to the upper level. At the landing, the stair splits into two flights, which run at 90 degrees to the main flight of stairs. The second level consists of a central corridor with offices along the street side of the building and services on the opposite side. Although somewhat altered the second level retains many original details including signage, stair handrails, timber paneled doors, timber and glass partitioning and terrazzo dividers in the toilet cubicles.

The third storey, originally a residence, is a tenanted office and training rooms for the bank. It is positioned close to the Flinders Street facade occupying about a third of the area of the floor below. The remainder consists of a large flat roof deck surrounded by the building parapet. The third storey is located behind the parapet and is not very visible from the street. A water tank sits above the roof of the third storey.

Westpac Bank was listed on the Queensland Heritage Register on 13 May 2004 having satisfied the following criteria.

The place is important in demonstrating the evolution or pattern of Queensland’s history.

The Westpac Bank, the third location of the Bank of New South Wales in Townsville and one of the largest banking buildings in north Queensland at the time of its construction, demonstrates the evolution of commerce in north Queensland and its contribution to the development of Townsville as a regional centre.

The place is important in demonstrating the principal characteristics of a particular class of cultural places.

In the choice of a classical style of architecture, central location and arrangement of spaces – a spacious banking chamber combined with shops, tenantable offices and residential accommodation on the roof level – the Westpac Bank is important in illustrating the principal characteristics of an interwar bank in a regional centre.

The place is important because of its aesthetic significance.

A fine example of the commercial architecture of Francis Richard Hall, the Westpac Bank, with its well-ordered and classically proportioned facades, contributes to the Flinders Street streetscape.

The place has a special association with the life or work of a particular person, group or organisation of importance in Queensland’s history.

The place has a strong association with the work of the Bank of New South Wales in fostering the development of Townsville in the 19th and early 20th centuries as North Queensland’s principal regional commercial centre.

This Wikipedia article was originally based on published by the State of Queensland under licence (accessed on 7 July 2014, on 8 October 2014). The geo-coordinates were originally computed from the published by the State of Queensland under licence (accessed on 5 September 2014, on 15 October 2014).

Бюст Михаила Кутузова (Смоленск)


Бюст Михаила Кутузова — бюст великого русского полководца Михаила Илларионовича Кутузова, установленный в 1912 году в Сквере Памяти Героев в Смоленске.

Бюст Кутузова в настоящее время находится в восточной части Сквера Памяти Героев. Кутузов изображён в парадном военном мундире с орденской лентой. Бюст поставлен на невысокий полутораметровый гранитный постамент. Надпись на передней стороне постамента гласит: «Михаилу Илларионовичу Кутузову, князю Смоленскому. 1912 год.» Бюст выполнен из бронзы. Вокруг памятника разбит цветник. Перед памятником находится гранитный монолит с текстом обращения Кутузова к населению Смоленской губернии 20 августа 1812 года:

Бюст Кутузова был установлен на средства, которые были собраны жителями Смоленской губернии. Открытие было приурочено к 100-летней годовщине Бородинской битвы, 26 августа 1912 года. Скульптором памятника была выпускница Академии Художеств в Санкт-Петербурге Мария Страховская. Первоначально бюст стоял на центральной аллее Сквера Памяти Героев.

В 1930-е годы бюст был демонтирован и находился в экспозиции музея на Соборной горе, где экспонировался вместе с картиной художника Мушкетова «Наполеон в Успенском соборе».

В годы Великой Отечественной войны немецкими оккупантами бюст был демонтирован с целью дальнейшего вывоза в Германию, однако советским войскам удалось возвратить его в Смоленск. Бюст был найден во время расчистки железнодорожных путей в куче металлолома на перегоне «Красное-Осиновка» на Оршанском направлении в 1944 году. Во время войны была утрачена оригинальная бронзовая доска, висевшая на постаменте.

В 1975 году при реконструкции Сквера Памяти Героев бюст был перенесён с центральной аллеи ко входу в него со стороны улицы Дзержинского.

В 1987 году напротив бюста Кутузова была установлена аллея бюстов полководцев Отечественной войны 1812 года: Барклая-де-Толли, Багратиона, Дохтурова (автор А.С. Сергеев), Неверовского (автор А.Н. Русецкая) и Раевского (автор Л.А. Ельчанинова). В 2011 году там же был открыт бюст генерала Оленина (автор П. А. Фишман).

=Русская православная церковь=

Соборы: Собор на протоке | Соборная гора | Успенский собор

Храмы: Церковь Св. Варвары | Церковь Воздвижения | Церковь Воскресения | Церковь Георгия | Верхне-Георгиевская церковь | Церковь Иоанна Богослова | Церковь Михаила Архангела | Церковь Петра и Павла | Церковь Покрова | Церковь Спаса Преображения На Революционной | Церковь Спаса Преображения На Окопной | Храмовый комплекс на Старой Ленинградской

Монастыри: Авраамиев монастырь | Борисоглебский монастырь | Вознесенский монастырь | Спасский монастырь | Троицкий монастырь на Кловке | Троицкий монастырь |

=Католическая церковь=

Храм Непорочного Зачатия Пресвятой Девы Марии

Смоленский исторический музей | Музей «Смоленщина в годы Великой Отечественной войны» | Музей «Смоленск — щит России» | Художественная галерея | Музей скульптуры Сергея Тимофеевича Коненкова | Музей «Городская кузница XVII века» | Музей «Смоленский лен» | Музей «В мире сказки» | Музей-квартира «Александр Трифонович Твардовский в Смоленске» | Смоленский музей русской водки | Молодежный центр-музей имени адмирала Нахимова | Зооэкзотариум

Смоленская крепостная стена | Кузница в Смоленске | Дворец творчества детей и молодёжи | Дом связи | Дом специалистов | Дом Энгельгардта | Дом книги | Здание Александровского реального училища | Здание городской администрации Смоленска | Комплекс пожарного депо (Смоленск) | Здание бывшей духовной семинарии (Смоленск) | Здание Филармонии (Смоленск) |

Драматический театр | Камерный театр | Театр кукол

Лопатинский сад | Сад Блонье

Людям и героям художественных произведений: Бюст С. Т. Конёнкову | Бюст М. И. Кутузову | Бюст А. С. Пушкина | Могила Скалона | Памятник М. И. Глинке | Памятник Н. В. Крыленко | Памятник В. И. Ленину | Памятник М. О. Микешину | Памятник Фёдору Коню | Памятник Н. И. Рыленкову | Памятник Тёркину | Памятник Владимиру Великому |

В память о победах и военных действиях: Памятник защитникам Смоленска 1812 года | Памятник Софийскому полку | Курган Бессмертия | Опалённый цветок | Сквер Памяти Героев | Благодарная Россия — Героям 1812 года (памятник с орлами) |

Другие: Скульптура Оленя

Мост через Днепр на Большой Советской | Мост через Днепр на Кашена | Мост в Лопатинском саду

Randy Kerber

Randy Kerber (born September 25, 1958 in Encino, California) is a composer, orchestrator and keyboard player, who has had a prolific career in the world of cinema.

He began his first national tour with Bette Midler in 1977, at the age of 19. Kerber was nominated for an Oscar in 1986, along with Quincy Jones and others, for Best Original Score for the motion picture, „The Color Purple“. He was nominated for a Grammy for his arrangement of „Over the Rainbow“ for Barbra Streisand.

As a studio keyboardist, Randy Kerber has worked on over 800 motion pictures including Titanic, A Beautiful Mind, and the first three films of the Harry Potter franchise. The piano in the opening and closing scenes of Forrest Gump, which features a feather floating in the wind, was played by Randy Kerber.

He has been an orchestrator on over 50 films, including work with Academy Award winner James Horner. He worked with Eric Clapton as keyboardist, orchestrator, and conductor on the film Rush – playing on the Grammy Award-winning song „Tears in Heaven“.

During his career, Randy Kerber has worked with a wide range of artists such as Michael Jackson, Paul Anka, Leonard Cohen, Rickie Lee Jones, Whitney Houston, Michael Bolton, Rod Stewart, B.B. King, Bill Medley, Annie Lennox, Art Garfunkel, Anastacia, Celine Dion, Natalie Cole, Al Jarreau, Ray Charles, Neil Diamond, Elisa, Julio Iglesias, Barry Manilow, Ricky Martin, Bette Midler, Corey Hart, Eric Burdon, Kenny Rogers, Donna Summer, George Benson, Diana Ross, Marta Sanchez, Frank Sinatra, Jean-Yves Thibaudet and Dionne Warwick; and groups including Air Supply, America, Def Leppard, The Temptations, Manhattan Transfer, Lisa Stansfield, The Three Degrees and A. R. Rahman

Recently, Randy Kerber has performed piano solos on Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln, Robert Zemeckis‘ „Flight“, and Steven Soderbergh’s Behind the Candelabra for which he also trained Michael Douglas. Kerber has been working closely with actors Jason Schwartzman for his role in the Disney film Saving Mr. Banks and Zoe Saldana for her turn as Nina Simone in the biopic Nina.

He has a sample library under Cinesample’s „Artist Series“, released February 2013, entitled

Berliner Rieselfelder

Die Berliner Rieselfelder sind Ende des 19. Jahrhunderts von James Hobrecht angelegte Flächen zur Reinigung der Abwässer Berlins. Weitere Rieselfelder wurden von den damals noch selbstständigen Gemeinden angelegt, unter anderem von Charlottenburg (in Karolinenhöhe), Spandau (in Wansdorf) und Schöneberg (in Deutsch Wusterhausen). Einige befinden sich auf Berliner Stadtgebiet, einige im Umland, und sie sind heute außer Betrieb: Während 1928 rund 10.000 Hektar zur Abwasserreinigung genutzt wurden, waren es im Jahr 1992 nur noch 1.250 Hektar. Die Rieselfelder stellen wegen der Belastung durch Schwermetalle ein erhebliches Altlastenproblem dar; ihre Aufgabe wurde mittlerweile durch Klärwerke übernommen.

James Hobrecht ließ für das damalige Berliner Stadtgebiet insgesamt zwölf sogenannte „Radialsysteme“ anlegen, die jeweils über ein eigenes Pumpwerk mit häuslichem, gewerblichem und industriellem Schmutzwasser und Niederschlagswasser beschickt wurden. Von den Pumpwerken wurde das Abwasser über mehrere Kilometer lange Druckrohrleitungen mit einem Durchmesser bis zu 1,2 Metern zu den Rieselfeldern gepumpt. Am Ende der Leitungen befindet sich das Standrohr, das als Druckmesser für die Druckleitung diente. Anhand zweier Markierungen am oberen Ende des Standrohres, die im Idealfall auf gleicher Höhe stehen sollten, regulierte der Rieselfeldwärter die Menge des auslaufenden Abwassers. Das Standrohr diente gleichzeitig auch als Sicherheitsventil für die Druckleitung. Sollte der Rieselfeldwärter weniger Abwasser auf die Rieselfelder leiten als in die Leitung gepumpt wird, läuft das Abwasser durch das oben offene Standrohr aus.

Vom Druckrohr gelangten die Abwässer in Absetzbecken, die entweder in Beton- oder Erdbauweise errichtet wurden. Dabei lagern sich die Sinkstoffe als Sedimente am Boden ab, von wo sie regelmäßig auf Schlammtrockenplätze weitergeleitet werden. Das somit mechanisch gereinigte Wasser fließt dann dem natürlichen Gefälle folgend auf die in sogenannte „Rieselstücke“ eingeteilten Rieselfelder. Die Rieselstücke umfassen jeweils rund 0,25 Hektar und sind als Hangstücke oder als Horizontalstücke angelegt. Bei den Hangstücken befindet sich der offene Zulauf oberhalb des hangartig angelegten Rieselfeldes, das dann über einen unterhalb des Feldes liegenden Vorflutgraben entwässert wird. Bei Horizontalstücken erfolgt die Berieselung entweder als Staurieselung, bei der die Rieselstücke ganz unter Wasser gesetzt werden, oder als Beetrieselung, bei der die Berieselung über parallel im Abstand von einem Meter angelegte Längsgräben erfolgt. Die eigentlichen Rieseltafeln sind teilweise von Wildrieselflächen umgeben, in denen bei Überlastung der Rieselfelder unvorbehandelte Abwässer direkt auf Naturflächen geleitet wurden.

In Berlin ließ erstmals der Bürgermeister Johann von Blankenfelde im Jahr 1572 Wasserleitungen anlegen, um die hygienische Situation in der häufig von Pestepidemien geplagten Stadt zu verbessern. Noch bis zur Zeit der Reichsgründung von 1871, als in Berlin rund eine Million Einwohner lebten, war die Situation der Abwasserentsorgung jedoch extrem unzureichend; die Mehrzahl der Toiletten waren reine „Plumpsklos“ ohne Zugang zu den Wasserleitungen der Stadt. In der gesamten Stadt existierten lediglich 16.000 Wassertoiletten, die zumeist nur in die Rinnsteine der Straßen oder direkt in die Flüsse entwässert wurden. 1862 gab es nur 2.349 Hauptanschlüsse an das Rohrleitungsnetz der Berlin Waterworks Company. Entsprechend hoch war die Verbreitung von Typhus und Cholera. 1868 wies der renommierte Arzt Rudolf Virchow in einem Gutachten auf die dringende Notwendigkeit einer Kanalisation für Berlin hin, und die Steuerung des bislang ungeregelten Wachstums der Stadt durch Bebauungspläne bot die Möglichkeit, auch die Be- und Entwässerung der Haushalte zu verbessern.

James Hobrecht hatte 1862 mit seinem Hobrecht-Plan den ersten Bebauungsplan vorgelegt. Dieser Plan stellte auch abwassertechnisch eine Verbesserung gegenüber dem Plan seines Vorgängers Wiebe dar, der noch vorsah, die Abwässer direkt in die Spree zu leiten. Die Anlage der Rieselfelder wurde einer Baukommission unter Leitung Hobrechts und Virchows übertragen. Erste Berieselungsversuche erfolgten 1871 und 1872 auf dem Tempelhofer Feld. 1874 gab der Polizeipräsident Berlins einen Erlass heraus, wonach alle Berliner Haushalte an die Kanalisation anzuschließen seien. In der Folge wurden eine Reihe von Gütern im Umfeld der Stadt angekauft. Das erste von 20 Großrieselfeldern entstand dann 1876 in Osdorf, das damals im Süden rund zehn Kilometer vor den Toren der Stadt lag und heute unmittelbar außerhalb der Stadtgrenze liegt. Es folgten Rieselfelder im Nordosten: 1884 in Falkenberg (heute ein Ortsteil des Berliner Bezirks Lichtenberg), 1886 in Hellersdorf und Malchow. 1887 waren 1,15 Millionen Berliner an das Rieselfeldsystem angeschlossen, das 42 Millionen m³ Abwässer pro Jahr bewältigte. Die Rate der Typhustoten, die Anfang der 1870er Jahre noch bei über zehn Toten pro 10.000 Einwohner lag, war unterdessen auf unter drei pro 10.000 gesunken. 1890 folgten dann weitere Rieselfelder auf der Karolinenhöhe (bei Gatow), in Blankenfelde (beides heute Ortsteile in Berlin), in Sputendorf (heute zu Stahnsdorf), in Kleinziethen und in Waßmannsdorf (heute beide Ortsteile von Schönefeld). 1893 folgten Rieselfelder in Schönerlinde (heute zu Wandlitz) und Großbeeren. Damit standen 5.595 Hektar Rieselflächen zur Verfügung; 144 Kilometer unterirdische Kanäle und 584 Kilometer Rohrleitungen waren bis dahin verlegt worden. Der größte Rieselfelderkomplex entstand dann 1898 in Buch und dem benachbarten, nach James Hobrecht benannten, Hobrechtsfelde, wo zusammen 37 Millionen m³ Abwässer im Jahr gereinigt wurden. Bis zum Ersten Weltkrieg folgten dann noch weitere Anlagen in Großziethen (1902), Deutsch Wusterhausen (1903), Boddinsfelde (1905), Münchehofe (1907), Tasdorf (1910), Mühlenbeck (1910) und als 20. und letztes Rieselfeld Wansdorf (1912).

Für das Strafgefängnis Plötzensee (heute Teil der Justizvollzugsanstalt Plötzensee) wurde in den 1870er Jahren ein rund zwei Hektar eigenes Rieselfeld angelegt, das sich rund 150 Meter nordwestlich des Gefängnisses befand. Die Abwässer gelangten von den Gebäuden zunächst in einen Sammelbehälter unter dem Maschinenhaus, wo sie grob mechanisch vorgereinigt und dann zum Rieselfeld gepumpt wurden. Das Rieselfeld war 1881 an eine Gärtnerei verpachtet. Eine Vergrößerung auf sechs Hektar war vorgesehen. Die Nutzung nach 1881 und der Zeitpunkt der Außerbetriebnahme sind nicht bekannt.

Die Irrenanstalt zu Dalldorf (heute: Karl-Bonhoeffer-Nervenklinik) besaß ebenfalls ein eigenes Rieselfeld auf der Westseite des Krankenhausgeländes, das bis in die 1920er Jahre genutzt wurde.

Im Jahr 1920 wurde das Berliner Stadtgebiet durch die Eingemeindung einer Vielzahl umliegender Städte und Gemeinden zu Groß-Berlin erweitert. Mit der Übernahme der kommunalen Betriebe gelangten auch die jeweiligen Rieselfelder in den Besitz Berlins. Damit war die Stadt Berlin im Besitz von 14.364 Hektar Rieselgütern, von denen 8.563 Hektar der eigentlichen Berieselung dienten. Zwar wurden zunehmend auch Kläranlagen gebaut, um die Rieselfelder zu entlasten − 1906 wurde in Stahnsdorf bei Potsdam eine biologische Tropfkörper-Kläranlage von der Stadt Wilmersdorf errichtet –, doch angesichts einer Abwassermenge von 182 Millionen m³ im Jahr 1927 und 237 Millionen m³ im Jahr 1935 (die Einwohnerzahl Berlins war, auch durch die Eingemeindungen von 1920, auf über vier Millionen gestiegen) blieben die Rieselfelder das maßgebliche Instrument zur Bewältigung des Abwasserproblems.

Bereits bei der Planung des Radialsystems war die landwirtschaftliche Nutzung der Rieselfelder vorgesehen, und es wurden Stadtgüter zur Bewirtschaft gegründet. Das Abwasser enthält einen hohen Anteil organischer Schwebestoffe, die bis ins 20. Jahrhundert als Düngemittel verwendet wurden. Neben Gemüse wurde auch Gras zur Versorgung der eigenen Tierzucht angebaut. Die Berieselung erfolgt in Rhythmen, die den Zyklen der entsprechenden Kulturen angepasst werden, das heißt Felder für Grünland werden 4- bis 8-mal jährlich mit Abwässern überflutet, während Ackerfelder (Wintergetreide) einmal pro Jahr mit Abwässern beschickt werden. An den Wegen wurden zudem Obstbäume gepflanzt. 1890 wurden die erste Teiche zur Fischzucht angelegt, die mit dem gereinigten Wasser gespeist wurden. Es gab zudem weitere Nebenbetriebe wie Brennereien, eine Schlächterei (Hobrechtsfelde), ein Sägewerk (Hobrechtsfelde), eine Mühle (Großbeeren) und einen Milchwirtschaftsbetrieb (Weißensee). Zum Transport der Ernte zu den Stadtgütern waren kleine Feldbahnen verlegt worden, auf denen von Pferden gezogene Loren genutzt wurden. Seit den 1920er Jahren wurden auch Bettler, Prostituierte, Obdachlose und Strafgefangene in den Rieselfeldern untergebracht, die dort Zwangsarbeiten zu verrichten hatten. Seit dieser Zeit machte sich auch die „Rieselmüdigkeit“ bemerkbar, d. h. die anfangs hohen landwirtschaftlichen Erträge der Rieselgüter ließen deutlich nach, was auf die wegen der hohen Abwassermengen dicht aufeinanderfolgenden Berieselungszyklen zurückzuführen war, die zum einen die Belastung des Bodens mit Schadstoffen erhöhten, zum anderen zu einer mangelhaften Belüftung der Böden führten. Man versuchte dem durch Kalkung und Aufbringung von Stallmist beizukommen.

Speicher des Rieselguts Hobrechtsfelde

Reste der Transportbahn des Rieselguts Hobrechtsfelde

Aussichtspunkt in den Rieselfeldern in Hobrechtsfelde

Rieselfeld Karolinenhöhe Obstbäume

Die Teilung Deutschlands und Berlins nach dem Zweiten Weltkrieg änderte zunächst an der Bewirtschaftung der Berliner Rieselfelder wenig. In West-Berlin standen zwar lediglich die Gatower Rieselfelder noch zur Verfügung, die von den Berliner Wasserbetrieben genutzt wurden, doch selbst nach dem Mauerbau 1961 wurden die Rieselfelder des Berliner Umlandes, im Süden von der Wasserversorgung und Abwasserbehandlung (WAB) Potsdam betrieben, zur Reinigung auch der West-Berliner Abwässer genutzt, während Ost-Berlin seine Abwässer hauptsächlich auf die Rieselfelder der WAB Ost-Berlin im Norden und Osten leitete.

Ein Rückbau der Rieselfelder erfolgte bis in die 1960er Jahre lediglich lokal in sehr geringem Umfang, vor allem an der Grenze zu West-Berlin oder bei Straßenbaumaßnahmen. Erst ab 1968 wurden dann erste komplette Rieselfelder für die aktive Nutzung stillgelegt, zuerst die Felder in Mahlsdorf, Falkenberg und Hellersdorf, in deren Nähe zur selben Zeit die großen Plattenbausiedlungen Ost-Berlins errichtet wurden. Die Aufgabe dieser Felder wurde vom 1969 errichteten Klärwerk Falkenberg übernommen. In West-Berlin entstand bereits 1963 auf dem Gelände der in Konkurs gegangenen Trabrennbahn Ruhleben ein Klärwerk, sodass auch die Gatower Rieselfelder in der Folge verkleinert wurden. 1974 wurde in Marienfelde am Schichauweg 56/58 ein weiteres Klärwerk errichtet und daraufhin das Osdorfer Rieselfeld stillgelegt. Im Osten schließlich entstand ein Klärwerk in Münchehofe, das die Rieselfelder in Münchehofe und Tasdorf obsolet machte. Die verbleibenden Felder wurden dagegen mit Intensivfilterflächen ausgestattet. So konnten auf den 1.133 Hektar des Rieselfeldes in Buch ab 1967 bis zu 10.000 mm/Jahr an Abwässern verarbeitet werden. Ende der 1970er Jahre wurde dann die komplette Aufgabe der Rieselfelder und der weitere Ausbau der Klärwerke beschlossen. Die Klärwerke Stahnsdorf und Waßmannsdorf wurden erweitert, ein neues Werk (Kläranlage Berlin-Nord) wurde ab 1983 in Schönerlinde gebaut (die erste Ausbaustufe wurde 1985 in Betrieb genommen und gleichzeitig die Berieselung der Rieselfelder im Berliner Norden eingestellt; die Inbetriebnahme der Gesamtanlage mit einer Klärkapazität von 250.000 m³/Tag erfolgte 1987).

Die zunehmende Beachtung der Umweltgefahren seit Anfang der 1980er Jahre machte dann auch die mit den Rieselfeldern verbundenen Verschmutzungsprobleme immer deutlicher. So wurde 1985 auf den Gatower Rieselfeldern wegen der dort gemessenen Schwermetallwerte der Anbau von Gemüse verboten. Andernorts wurde in den Böden unterhalb einer Tiefe von 150 cm eine zunehmende Tiefenversauerung festgestellt. 1985 wurde schließlich auch die Nutzung der Rieselfelder in Blankenfelde, Mühlenbeck, Schönerlinde, Buch und Hobrechtsfelde eingestellt. Ende der 1980er Jahre folgten die Felder in Großziethen, Kleinziethen, Waßmannsdorf und Boddinsfelde und 1998 schließlich auch das Rieselfeld von Wansdorf, sodass danach von ehemals 20 Feldern nur noch vier (Gatow, Sputendorf, Großbeeren und Deutsch Wusterhausen) in Betrieb waren und auch diese mit erheblich reduzierten Abwassermengen arbeiteten. Inzwischen sind alle Rieselfelder außer Betrieb. Bis 2010 führten die Berliner Wasserbetriebe noch Elutionsstudien auf einem kleinen Teil des Rieselfeldes Karolinenhöhe in Gatow durch, bei dem Klarwasser aus dem Klärwerk Ruhleben versickert wurde. Da die Schwermetall-Grenzwerte der Bundes-Bodenschutz- und Altlastenverordnung (BBodSchV) von 1999 auf den Rieselfeldern oft um ein Vielfaches überschritten werden, besteht akuter Handlungsbedarf für eine Sanierung. Hierzu wird vor allem Geschiebemergel genutzt, der bei Baumaßnahmen in Berlin anfällt, um damit Schwermetalle zu binden bzw. deren Verlagerung im Boden zu verhindern; zugleich dient der Mergel als Dünger für neu gepflanzte Baumbestände. An die Stelle der eher monotonen Queckensteppe und der kleinteiligen rechtwinkligen Gliederung durch die Rieselstücke treten zunehmend renaturierte Biotope mit größerer Artenvielfalt. Die Rieselfelder im Norden und Nordosten sind dabei Bestandteil des 1999 errichteten Naturparks Barnim.

Kreis Oschatz

Der Kreis Oschatz war ein Landkreis im Bezirk Leipzig der DDR. Von 1990 bis 1994 bestand er als Landkreis Oschatz im Freistaat Sachsen fort. Sein Gebiet liegt heute im Landkreis Nordsachsen in Sachsen. Der Sitz der Kreisverwaltung befand sich in Oschatz.

Der Kreis lag im Übergangsraum vom Norddeutschen Tiefland zum Mittelsächsischen Hügelland.

Die wichtigsten Orte des Kreises neben der Kreisstadt Oschatz waren die Städte Dahlen und Mügeln sowie die Gemeinden Ablaß, Cavertitz, Liebschütz, Naundorf, Schmannewitz, Sornzig und Wermsdorf.

Der Kreis Oschatz grenzte im Uhrzeigersinn im Norden beginnend an die Kreise Torgau, Bad Liebenwerda, Riesa, Döbeln, Grimma und Wurzen.

Fast der gesamte nördliche Teil des Kreises gehörte zum Landschaftsschutzgebiet Dahlener Heide. Nach Süden schließt sich die mit Löß bedeckte Oschatzer Pflege an. Dieses von kleinen Tälern gegliederte Hügelland war waldfrei. Es stieg bis auf 213 m Höhe südlich von Mügeln an. Der Collmberg (312 m) bei Oschatz stellte die höchste Erhebung in Nordwestsachsen dar. Nach Westen schloss sich das Landschaftsschutzgebiet Wermsdorfer Wald an.

Bereits 1874 war im Königreich Sachsen die Amtshauptmannschaft Oschatz eingerichtet worden, die 1939 in Landkreis Oschatz umbenannt wurde. Der Landkreis Oschatz gehörte nach 1945 zum Land Sachsen und somit seit 1949 zur DDR.

Durch das Gesetz über die weitere Demokratisierung des Aufbaus und der Arbeitsweise der staatlichen Organe in den Länder in der Deutschen Demokratischen Republik vom 23. Juli 1952 kam es in der DDR und den noch bestehenden fünf Ländern zu einer umfangreichen Kreisreform. So wurden am 25. Juli 1952 die Länder aufgelöst und 14 Bezirke eingerichtet. Hierbei wurden traditionelle Kreise aufgelöst oder in kleinere Kreise gegliedert. Der Kreis Oschatz wurde dem Bezirk Leipzig zugeordnet, Kreissitz wurde die Stadt Oschatz.

Der Kreis Oschatz gab 26 seiner 88 Gemeinden ab:

Aus dem Hauptteil des Landkreises mit den 62 verbliebenen Gemeinden:

wurde so der neue Kreis Oschatz (68 Gemeinden) gebildet.

Durch Umgliederungen über Kreisgrenzen hinweg und Gemeindegebietsveränderungen sank die Zahl der Gemeinden bis zur Auflösung des Kreises Ende Juli 1994 auf 13:

Am 17. Mai 1990 wurde der Kreis in Landkreis Oschatz umbenannt. Anlässlich der Wiedervereinigung wurde der Kreis durch das Ländereinführungsgesetz dem wiedergegründeten Land Sachsen zugesprochen. Bis zur ersten Kreisgebietsreform in Sachsen wurde die äußere Struktur beibehalten. Bei dieser Kreisgebietsreform ging der Kreis am 1. August 1994 im Landkreis Torgau-Oschatz auf.

Im Agrarkreis Oschatz gab es Industrie nur in der Kreisstadt und in Mügeln. Die seit dem Ende des 19. Jh.s in Oschatz entstandene Industrie stellte Waagen, Kinderbekleidung, Hausschuhe, Filzwaren, Öfen und Gasgeräte, Baustoffe und Zucker her. Der VEB Glasseidenwerk produzierte weitgehend aus den heimischen Rohstoffen Kaolin, Lehm und Quarzsand. Dieses einzige Werk seiner Art in der DDR entstand 1959. Südwestlich von Mügeln wurde bei Kemlitz die größte Kaolinlagerstätte der DDR abgebaut. Der VEB Keramik- und Ziegelwerke in Mügeln stellt Ofenkacheln und Ziegel her. Außerdem wurden in Mügeln Chemieprodukte, Maschinen und Künstlerfarben erzeugt. Die Landwirtschaft produziert auf den sandigen Böden im Raum Dahlen vorwiegend Kartoffeln, Roggen und Feldfutterpflanzen. Im Lößgebiet der Oschatzer Pflege und des Mügelner Ländchens werden Weizen und Zuckerrüben angebaut. Südwestlich von Mügeln hatte der Obstanbau seit 1950 erheblich zugenommen. Von Bedeutung war auch die Forstwirtschaft. Etwa ein Fünftel des Kreisgebietes wurde von den Forsten Reudnitz, Wermsdorf und Hubertusburg eingenommen.

Bedeutende Betriebe im Kreis waren unter anderen:

Durch die Haupteisenbahnstrecke Leipzig–Oschatz–Dresden und die parallel dazu verlaufende F 6 war der Landkreis Oschatz an das überregionale Verkehrsnetz angeschlossen. Am Südrand des Kreises führt die Autobahn A 14 Leipzig–Dresden entlang.

Bevölkerungsübersicht aller 30 Gemeinden des Kreises, die 1990 in das wiedergegründete Land Sachsen kamen.

Den Kraftfahrzeugen (mit Ausnahme der Motorräder) und Anhängern wurden von etwa 1974 bis Ende 1990 dreibuchstabige Unterscheidungszeichen, die mit dem Buchstabenpaar SW begannen, zugewiesen. Die letzte für Motorräder genutzte Kennzeichenserie war ST 00-01 bis ST 07-60.

Anfang 1991 erhielt der Landkreis das Unterscheidungszeichen OZ. Es wurde bis zum 31. Juli 1994 ausgegeben. Seit dem 9. November 2012 ist es im Landkreis Nordsachsen erhältlich.

Altenburg | Borna | Delitzsch | Döbeln | Eilenburg | Geithain | Grimma | Leipzig-Land | Leipzig (Stadtkreis) | Oschatz | Schmölln | Torgau | Wurzen

Hartman effect

The delay time for a quantum tunneling particle is independent of the thickness of the opaque barrier. This is called the Hartman effect, after Thomas Hartman who discovered it in 1962. In 2007, Nimtz and Stahlhofen demonstrated quantum tunneling of „evanescent modes“ across a gap might result in virtual particles traveling faster than light.

The Hartman effect is the tunnelling effect through a barrier where the tunnelling time tends to a constant for large barriers. This was first described by Thomas E. Hartman in 1962. The Hartman effect was demonstrated with evanescent microwaves by Achim Enders and Günter Nimtz. and with infrared pulses by Longhi et al. This could, for instance, be the gap between two prisms. When the prisms are in contact, the light passes straight through, but when there is a gap, the light is refracted. There is a finite probability that a photon will tunnel across the gap rather than follow the refracted path. For large gaps between the prisms the tunnelling time approaches a constant and thus the photons appear to have crossed with a superluminal speed. Alfons Stahlhofen and Günter Nimtz developed a mathematical approach and interpretation of the nature of evanescent modes as virtual particles, which confirms the theory of the Hartmann effect.

However, an analysis by Herbert Winful suggests that the Hartman effect cannot actually be used to violate relativity by transmitting signals faster than c, because the tunnelling time „should not be linked to a velocity since evanescent waves do not propagate“. Winful means by this that the photons crossing the barrier are virtual photons, only existing in the interactions and could not be propagated into the outside world.


Onikişubat is a planned district and second level municipality in Kahramanmaraş Province, Turkey. According to Law act no 6360 all Turkish provinces with a population of more than 750,000 will be metropolitan municipality, and the districts within the metropolitan municipalities will be second-level municipalities. The law also creates new districts within the provinces in addition to present districts. These changes will be effective by the local elections in 2014.

Thus after 2014 the present Kahramanmaraş central district will be split into two. A part will be named Onikişubat and the name Kahramanmaraş will be reserved for the metropolitan municipality. („Onikişubat“ or 12 February refers to the date of recovery of Kahramanmaraş during the Turkish War of Independence in 1920.)

There will be 10 towns and 71 villages in the rural area of the district. Now their official status became „neighborhood of Onikişubat“.


Nacho Vigalondo

Ignacio „Nacho“ Vigalondo (born 6 April 1977 in Cabezón de la Sal, Spain) is a Spanish filmmaker.

In addition to receiving an Academy Award nomination and a Best Short Film Award nomination at the European Film Awards, Vigalondo’s 2003 short film 7:35 de la Mañana received the Bronze Moon of Valencia at the Cinema Jove – Valencia International Film Festival and the Prix UIP Drama at the Drama Short Film Festival.

He finished his first full length feature film, Los Cronocrímenes (English title: Timecrimes), in 2007, which he also co-starred in.

Vigalondo revealed on his official blog that his next film would be a Spanish-language alien invasion horror entitled Extraterrestre. „Scifi Latino“[who?] translates the plot: „Vigalondo writes that this will not be like a War of the Worlds with Tom Cruise, where a regular person manages to somehow closely witness all major invasion events. He writes that most people will experience a global alien invasion without even knowing it has happened, by listening to rumors, or engaging in pointless activities. Hence Extraterrestre.“

Popular comic book blogsite Bleeding Cool reported in mid-2011 that Vigalondo was recruited to direct a silver screen adaptation of Mark Millar’s Supercrooks.

Vigalondo has completed a script that will be a twist on the Kaiju genre and an homage for the Godzilla franchise. Vigalondo’s plans are to deliver a serious film with „old school“ practical effects on a low budget. 2014 wrote the script and directed the segment Parallel Monsters for the Anthology film VHS: Viral.

Fort van Hoei

Het Fort van Hoei is een fort uit het begin van de 19e eeuw op een heuvel langs de Maas in de Luikse stad Hoei in België. Het fort werd ten tijde van het Verenigd Koninkrijk der Nederlanden gebouwd en wordt daarom ook wel het Hollandse Fort genoemd.

Het oorspronkelijke kasteel van Hoei werd al in de 9e eeuw beschreven. Vanaf de middeleeuwen is het kasteel, dat Li Tchestia werd genoemd, steeds verder uitgebouwd vanwege de strategische positie langs de Maas. In de zeventiende eeuw, tijdens de oorlogen van Lodewijk XIV, kreeg het kasteel het zwaar te verduren. Na het Barrièretractaat waarin de verdediging van de Hollandse Republiek tegen de Franse agressie werd geregeld, werd het kasteel van Hoei afgebroken (1715). Een eeuw lang bleef de rots waarop het kasteel had gelegen leeg.

Li Tchestia was één van de zogenaamde ‚vier wonderen van Hoei‘.

Na de Eerste Coalitieoorlog was Hoei (Frans: Huy) een Franse stad. Een twintigtal jaren later veranderde dit alweer en kwam het Verenigd Koninkrijk der Nederlanden tot stand. Hierdoor kwam Hoei onder Nederlands bewind. Op de rots waar het kasteel van Hoei had gelegen werd tussen 1818 en 1823 een nieuw fort gebouwd. Vanwege de ligging van het fort bij een bocht in de Maas, was er in beide richtingen honderden meters vrij zicht op de rivier. De inrichting van het fort was zodanig dat er 600 manschappen konden verblijven in grote slaapzalen. Een oude waterput, die in het vroegere kasteel was gegraven in opdracht van Everhard van der Mark, zorgde voor watertoevoer.

Na de Belgische Revolutie kwam het fort in 1831 in Belgisch bezit. Van 1848 tot 1855 fungeerde het als staatsgevangenis; zo belandden hier de veroordeelden van de Affaire Risquons-Tout in het cachot. In de tweede helft van de 19e eeuw nam de Belgische generaal Brialmont, die verantwoordelijk was voor de stellingen rond Antwerpen en Luik, het fort van Hoei op in de verdediging van de Maas.

In het begin van de 20e eeuw had het fort geen militaire betekenis meer. In de Eerste Wereldoorlog gebruikten de Duitsers het fort als gevangenis. De bezetter richtte er een disciplinair kamp voor deserteurs in. Aan het einde van de oorlog verbleven er Russische gevangenen in het fort. Van 1920 tot 1932 was er in het fort een militaire school gevestigd, waarna het fort door defensie werd vrijgegeven en er toeristische rondleidingen konden worden gegeven.

Vanwege de dreiging voor een nieuwe wereldoorlog werd er in 1937 een garnizoen van het Belgische leger in het fort gelegerd. Deze eenheid van de Ardense Jagers bleef er tot het moment dat de stad Luik in Duitse handen viel, in mei 1940. Gedurende de Tweede Wereldoorlog was er een Duitse gevangenis in het fort. Onder toezicht van de Geheime Feldpolizei (GFP) werd er in mei 1940 een detentiekamp ingericht. Vanuit Noord-Frankrijk werden in totaal 1240 gevangenen naar Hoei gedeporteerd, veelal mijnwerkers die staakten vanwege de slechte omstandigheden die de Duitse bezetting met zich meebracht. Daarnaast hebben nog circa 6000 Belgen en andere nationaliteiten hier opgesloten gezeten. Onder de gevangenen bevonden zich zo’n 100 vrouwen, die apart werden gehouden in één zaal. Een groot deel van de gevangenen werd afgevoerd naar concentratiekampen. In het fort zelf zijn minstens tien personen omgekomen vanwege de erbarmelijke omstandigheden. Daags voor de bevrijding, op de ochtend van 5 september 1944, werden al kleine groepen gevangenen vrijgelaten. Die middag ging de poort wijd open. Na de Tweede Wereldoorlog heeft het Belgische Ministerie van Justitie nog korte tijd (tot december 1946) een interneringskamp in het fort gehad.

Vanaf 1946 wordt het fort geëxploiteerd als bezienswaardigheid. Sedert 1957 is er een kabelbaan die toeristen naar het fort brengt. De kabelbaan is na een helikopterongeluk in 2012 buiten gebruik gesteld. Sinds 1992 is in het fort het Museum van het Verzet en van de Concentratiekampen gevestigd. Bezoekers krijgen hier een indruk van het leven in het fort en in concentratiekampen tijdens de Tweede Wereldoorlog.