Okręg Śląski Zjednoczenia KBS RP jest aktualnie jednym z 9 Okręgów ZKBS RP obejmujących teren Dolnego i Górnego Śląska na ziemiach polskich.
Historycznie początków tego okręgu upatrywać można w powołaniu w roku 1849 Górnośląskiego Związku Strzeleckiego (Oberschlesischer Schutzenbund), ale właściwy Okręg Śląski Bractw Kurkowych powołał do życia II Zjazd Delegatów Zjednoczenia Bractw Strzeleckich Zachodnich Ziem Polski obradujący w Poznaniu od 30 sierpnia do 4 września 1924 r. W roku 1939 członkami Okręgu Śląskiego Zjednoczenia Bractw Strzeleckich Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej było 7 bractw kurkowych.
Pierwsze powojenne zebranie założycielskie mające na celu powołanie Okręgu Śląskiego ZKBS RP, odbyło się 9 września 1994 r. w Rudzie Śląskiej. Bractwu Kurkowemu Miasta Ruda Śląska, które było gospodarzem tego spotkania hetmanił wówczas – dr inż. Henryk Kunik. W spotkaniu udział wzięli :
Zebrani zaproponowali na siedzibę Okręgu Śląskiego miasto Bytom i postanowili dokonać czynności organizacyjnych niezbędnych do formalnego powołania Okręgu.
Po sporządzeniu wymaganych statutem ZKBS RP dokumentów zwołano w Rudzie Śląskiej zebranie na którym 19 kwietnia 1995 r. spotkały się zarządy bractw Bytomia, Rudy Śląskiej, Pszczyny, Żor i Wrocławia, by po 56-letniej przerwie powołać do życia Okręg Śląski ZKBS RP. Wybrano wówczas władze Okręgu na których czele stanął Hetman Bractwa Kurkowego Grodu Bytomskiego – Ireneusz Dobrowolski.
Krajowy Zjazd Delegatów Zjednoczenia KBS RP, obradujący w dniach 29-30 kwietnia 1995 r. w Starogardzie Gdańskim dokonał zatwierdzenia uchwał i składu władz Okręgu Śląskiego Zjednoczenia Kurkowych Bractw Strzeleckich RP.
Die Bay Street ist eine rund 3,8 km lange Straße in der kanadischen Stadt Toronto. Der Straßenname wird im übertragenen Sinne oft mit der Finanzdienstleistungsbranche Kanadas gleichgesetzt, da sich hier die Hauptsitze der bedeutendsten Banken des Landes befinden (Metonymie). Auch zahlreiche Versicherungen, renommierte Anwaltskanzleien und Behörden sind hier vertreten. Im südlichen Bereich wird die Straße von zahlreichen Wolkenkratzern gesäumt.
Die Bay Street verläuft unmittelbar westlich der Yonge Street in Süd-Nord-Richtung. Sie beginnt am Queen’s Quay am Ufer des Ontariosees, im östlichen Teil der Harbourfront. Sie passiert das Air Canada Centre und den Hauptbahnhof (Union Station). An der Kreuzung mit der Front Street befinden sich der Brookfield Place (261 m Höhe) und die Royal Bank Plaza (180 m), der Hauptsitz der Royal Bank of Canada.
Nächste bedeutende Kreuzung ist jene mit der King Street, die als eigentliches Zentrum des Financial District gilt und auf allen vier Seiten von Hauptsitzen großer Finanzinstitute umgeben ist: Die Bank of Montreal im First Canadian Place (298 m, höchstes bewohnbares Gebäude der Stadt), die Scotiabank im Scotia Plaza (275 m), die Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce im Commerce Court (239 m) und die Toronto-Dominion Bank im Toronto-Dominion Centre (223 m). Im 19. und frühen 20. Jahrhundert war die Kreuzung Bay/King noch von Verlagsgebäuden verschiedener Zeitungen geprägt gewesen. Die Finanzdienstleistungsbranche etablierte sich erst in den 1970er Jahren, als Montreal seinen Status als führende Wirtschaftsmetropole Kanadas verlor.
Unmittelbar nördlich davon kreuzt sich die Bay Street mit der Adelaide Street. Dort befinden sich das Bay Adelaide Centre (218 m) und der Trump International Hotel and Tower (282 m). An der Kreuzung mit der Queen Street schwenkt die Straße leicht nach Westen. Bis in die 1920er Jahre endete hier die Bay Street, wurde dann aber mit der Terauley Street verbunden und somit weiter in Richtung Norden verlängert. Dieser Bereich bildet den Nathan Phillips Square, an den die City Hall und das Alte Rathaus grenzen.
Die Kreuzung von Bay Street und Dundas Street ist Standort des Toronto Coach Terminal, des zentralen Busbahnhofs Torontos. Das Hauptquartier des Toronto Police Service befindet sich an der Kreuzung Bay Street/College Street; diesem gegenüber liegt das Gebäude College Park, das bis zur Eröffnung des Eaton Centre Hauptsitz der Warenhauskette Eaton’s war. Der nördlich davon gelegene Abschnitt wird von Gebäuden der Provinzregierung und der University of Toronto geprägt. Der Bereich um die Kreuzung mit der Bloor Street gilt als exklusives Einkaufsviertel. Nördlich der Bloor Street mündet die Bay Street in die Davenport Road ein.
Im südlichen Bereich der Bay Street stellt PATH, ein System von Fußgängertunneln, unterirdische Verbindungen zu zahlreichen Neben- und Querstraßen her.
„Trash“ is the first single from the album Coming Up by Suede, released on 29 July 1996, on Nude Records. It is the first single on which all the songs were written without guitarist Bernard Butler, since Richard Oakes had taken his place. The single is tied with „Stay Together“ as the band’s highest charting at number three; however, it outsold the earlier single, thus making it their biggest selling single. The song signified a dramatic change in the band’s sound, as they went from gloomy and theatrical to glam-induced pop.
The single version of „Trash“ charted at No. 3 on the UK Singles Chart in 1996. The song was the band’s first overseas number one, hitting the top of the charts in Finland. The song proved to be a successful comeback single for Suede, receiving universal praise from critics. Melody Maker had proclaimed the song „single of the week“ a fortnight prior to release. Ted Kessler of NME said: „So the scaremongers were wrong. Brett Anderson is the creative force behind Suede. Here’s the proof: this week sees the release of their first post-Bernard Butler single and nobody can really admit that they thought it would sound half as good as it does.“
Various meanings have been given to the song, but the main themes seem to be about ‚outsiders‘, being different but living well with it. Anderson also described it as the soundtrack to his life, saying „It’s about believing in the romance of the everyday.“ In an interview in late 2009, for the SkyArts‘ Songbook series, Anderson said about the song:
„I actually wrote it about the band Suede. It’s a celebration of the band, but by extension, it’s a celebration of the fans as well. And it was a kind of a song written about us, as a gang, it was written about the values we stood for. And even though it sounds like a love song, it was actually about the idea of the identity of the band, and what they stood for.“
The video for the title song was filmed at Elstree Studios and directed by David Mould. Like the video for „New Generation“, it has the whole band playing in a crowded room, yet this time, the people in the room as well as the setting are far more glamorous. The video also marks the first appearance of a new band member, keyboard player Neil Codling.
A different version of the song appears on the group’s 2003 compilation album Singles, where the vocals were re-recorded along with an alternative ending. All four of the singles‘ B-sides were included on Suede’s compilation Sci-Fi Lullabies, which was released the following year, although the version of „Europe is our Playground“ was a new version and not the original B-side version found here. „Europe is Our Playground“ also marks the songwriting debut of bass guitarist Mat Osman.
A cover of „Trash“ is featured on the 2009 album Rocket Science by Norwegian electro-rock band Apoptygma Berzerk.
All songs by Brett Anderson and Richard Oakes except where noted.
Mühldorf (Oberbayern) station is a railway junction and station in the district town of Mühldorf in the German state of Bavaria. The station has seven platform tracks and is classified by Deutsche Bahn as a category 4 station. The station is served by 105 passenger trains each day operated by the Südostbayernbahn and frequented by about 10,000 travellers. It is also the central station of the “Bavarian Chemical Triangle” (Bayerisches Chemiedreieck). About 800 freight wagons are dispatched from it daily.
The station is located north of the centre of Mühldorf in the so-called “Upper Town” (Oberen Stadt). The station area is bordered to the north by Bischof-von-Ketteler-Straße and to the south by Friedrich-Ebert-Straße. The two streets are connected by Innere Neumarkter Straße, which passes under an underpass under the tracks to the east of the station area. The station building is located to the south and has the address of Bahnhofplatz 6.
Until 1860, Mühldorf was just a small town with just under 2,000 inhabitants. Only the railway connection would bring a substantial boost to its economy and its population. In the following years citizens‘ initiatives supporting the construction of a railway to Mühldorf were formed. Mühldorf at the time was in the so-called „rail-less square“, the boundaries of this square were the cities of Salzburg, Rosenheim, Munich, Landshut and Passau. There had been different proposals for the construction of lines from Freilassing, Traunstein and Rosenheim to Regensburg or from Munich to Freilassing or Passau. The decision was finally made in favour of a route from Munich via Mühldorf and Simbach towards Austria, which would also relieve the existing Munich–Rosenheim–Salzburg line. A law of 5 October 1863 authorised the construction of a line from Munich to the Austrian border in Simbach. The decision to pass through Mühldorf was made later. Finally, an alignment via Markt Schwaben, Dorfen and Mühldorf was selected.
Construction was delayed by the Franco-Prussian War and Mühldorf station was finally opened on 1 May 1871 with the opening of the railway between Munich and Neuötting. The line was extended a month later to Simbach. Meanwhile, the Bavarian Eastern Railway planned a connection from Plattling to Rosenheim. Citizens‘ initiative committees were established and shortly before the inaugural of Mühldorf Gustav von Schlör (Bavarian Minister for Trade and Public Works 1866–71) was appointed an honorary citizen because of his support for the project, which would make Mühldorf station a railway junction. Mühldorf became a “separation station” (Trennungsbahnhof) on 1 May 1876, when the line to Rosenheim was opened. On 15 October 1875 was a connection was opened from Mühldorf via Neumarkt-Sankt Veit to Plattling. Traffic at junction station continued to grow during the coming years. It was originally planned that the newly opened railway lines would use the single platform next to the station building, but the railway tracks soon proved to be no longer sufficient. As a result, five platform tracks were established, two tracks for through freight and four terminating sidings for freight. A local freight yard was built opposite the station building. A locomotive shelter was built east of the station for the Bavarian Eastern Railway. The station was the starting point of further lines. A line was opened on 1 September 1879 from Neumarkt St. Veit to Pocking and it was extended to Passau in 1888. On 8 October 1883 this was followed by a line to Landshut, but this also branched in Neumarkt-Sankt Veit from the Mühldorf–Plattling line. A line to Altötting was completed on 1 May 1897. This was extended on 9 August to Burghausen to form the Mühldorf–Burghausen railway. The line to Freilassing was opened on 1 December 1908 as a connection to the Tauern Railway; it branched off the Burghausen line at a relocated Tüßling station. On 14 November 1910, the Traunstein–Garching railway was opened to Traunstein, branching off the Mühldorf–Freilassing line in Garching. The station facilities were upgraded in the years that followed. Freight traffic of great importance was also won in the 1930s as a result of the development of the Bavarian Chemical Triangle. Thus a new marshalling yard needed to be built. This was opened in 1942 as Germany’s most modern yard. This was controlled by 11 electro-mechanical interlockings, which had been reduced to eight in 2000. One of these is now a museum signal box. Today, operation are controlled by an electronic interlocking.
The Frontenhausen-Marklkofen–Pilsting section of the Mühldorf Plattling railway was closed on 13 December 1969. Passenger services were closed on the Neumarkt-Sankt Veit–Frontenhausen-Marklkofen section on 27 September 1970. This section is still used by freight traffic.
In 1978, the old station building was demolished and replaced by a new one.
The platforms are not fully accessible, but it is planned make them accessible. All platforms are equipped with digital train destination indicators. The station building is open to the public and it contains a ticket office, a kiosk and a waiting room.
The following table provides an overview of the length, height and usage of platforms:
The station is located in the centre of the so-called “Mühldorf line star” (Liniensterns Mühldorf), this is operated by one of the regional networks of Deutsche Bahn, the SüdostBayernBahn. The adjoining lines are operated with class 218 locomotives hauling double-deck or refurbished Silberling carriages or with class 628 railcars locomotives. Specifically, the lines are as follows:
The station is served daily by about 105 SüdostBayernBahn services. Mühldorf station is served only by a few Regional-Express services on the Munich–Mühldorf–Simbach route, with one daily service each way running to or from Linz. Also a Regional-Express runs from Munich to Passau daily except Saturdays; from Passau it continues as Intercity line 26 to Hamburg. Hourly Regionalbahn services operate on the Munich–Mühldorf, Mühldorf–Burghausen, Mühldorf–Simbach and Munich–Passau routes. In addition, the station is served every two hours by Regionalbahn services on the Salzburg–Landshut and Rosenheim–Landshut lines. Individual Regionalbahn operate from Mühldorf to Traunstein.
The station has great importance for freight because of the Bavarian Chemical Triangle. 800 freight cars are handled here each day. The former hump, however, was closed in 2006. The station is operated under the new Deutsche Bahn logistics system as a centre of freight for the Chemical Triangle, with freight cars redistributed towards Munich or Landshut. Freight trains in the future will also run towards international destinations and North Sea or Baltic Sea ports.
The station is the centre of Mühldorf’s bus network. There are connections to the surrounding area and to the centre of Mühldorf. Buses run on a basic hourly cycle. In the vicinity of the station there is a total of approximately 560 metered parking spaces, 390 of them in a parking garage opposite the station. In addition, there are three bicycle racks, where 283 bicycles can be parked.
In 2008, construction began on an upgrade of the station to make it barrier-free. But in 2009, it was stopped by the European Union because the project was part of the development of the Munich–Mühldorf–Freilassing line, which is being partly funded by the EU, and it wanted to see the reconstruction plans. The EU then called for a partial redesign and the work restarted a year and a half later, in late 2010.
The station is located at the planned Magistrale for Europe from Paris via Munich, Mühldorf and Vienna to Bratislava. The Munich–Mühldorf–Freilassing section is to be electrified, duplicated and upgraded for higher speeds.
A. R. Ramesh is an Indian film director who has worked on Tamil language films and television serials. He was active in feature films in the late 1990s, making action and romantic films.
Ramesh made his directorial debut with Thayagam (1996) featuring Vijayakanth, and the success of the film saw him sign on for three ventures in a short span of time. He then made the romantic films, Dhinamum Ennai Gavani (1997) and Ini Ellam Sugame (1998), neither of which fared well at the box office. Ramesh also worked on the production of the multi-starrer Suyamvaram (1999) alongside nine other directors, and was given the responsibility of directing scenes involving Parthiban and Suvalakshmi. Ramesh also then worked on a bilingual action film titled Independence Day (2000), which was shot in Tamil and Kannada over a period of two years, with Arun Pandian and Saikumar in the lead roles. In 2001, he began production on a film titled Daddy starring Raghuvaran which was never materialised.
In November 2000, actress Viji committed suicide and left note blaming a failed love affair with Ramesh, who was already married. The Hindu reported that the prosecution case was that Ramesh promised to marry her but refused later and that three days prior to her death, Ramesh met Viji at a function and abused her. The director was arrested in December 2000, for his part in the actress’s suicide. He was later acquitted of any wrongdoing in July 2005. Since the beginning of the case, Ramesh has chosen to direct television serials instead, and worked on Malli from 2013 to 2014.
Tricholosporum tropicale is a species of fungus in the family Tricholomataceae. It is found in Mexico.
The species was described as new to science in 1994 by mycologist Gastón Guzmán and colleagues. It was originally named Tricholosporum tropicalis.
The cap is convex to flattened to slightly concave, measuring up to 6 cm (2.4 in) in diameter. The color is bluish violet to greyish violet, drying to brownish. It is dry and smooth, although dry specimens may show radial grooves at the margin corresponding to the gills on the underside. The closely spaced gills have a adnate attachment to the stipe, and are pinkish brown to violet brown. The stipe measures about 3.5 cm (1.4 in) long by 0.8 cm (0.3 in) thick, and is somewhat bulbous at the base. It has a smooth surface that is whitish to light gray when fresh, drying to the same color as the cap. The flesh is whitish with a pleasant odor and taste.
Spores are cross-shaped, thin-walled, hyaline (translucent), and typically measure 4.8–5.6 by 3.2–4 µm. The have a negative staining reaction with Melzer’s reagent, and feature a conspicuous hilar appendage. The basidia (spore-bearing cells) are club-shaped with clamps at the base, and measure 24–32 long by 4.8–5.6 µm wide. Clamp connections are common in the hyphae. The hymenium contains an abundance of cystidia on both the gill edges (cheilocystidia) and faces (pleurocystidia).
The subtropical fungi Tricholosporum atroviolaceum and T. pseudosordidum are similar species with small spores. They can be distinguished from T. tropicale by their less robust fruit bodies, and microscopically by the relative dearth of cystidia.
The type collection of Tricholosporum tropicale was discovered in September, fruiting singly on the ground in a cacao plantation. The location was a tropical rainforest in the State of Chiapas, Mexico.
IcyBall was a name given to two early refrigerators, one made by Australian Sir Edward Hallstrom in 1923, and the other design patented by David Forbes Keith of Toronto, Ontario, Canada (filed 1927, granted 1929), and manufactured by American Powel Crosley Jr., who bought the rights to the device. Both devices were unusual in design in that they did not require the use of electricity for cooling. They ran for a day on about a cup of kerosene, allowing rural users lacking electricity to utilise the benefits of refrigeration.
The Crosley Icyball was an example of a gas-absorption refrigerator, as can be found today in recreational vehicles or campervans. Unlike most refrigerators, the Icyball had no moving parts, and instead of operating continuously, was manually cycled. Typically it would be charged in the morning, and provide cooling throughout the heat of the day.
Absorption refrigerators and the more common mechanical refrigerators both cool by the evaporation of refrigerant. (Evaporation of a liquid causes cooling, as for example, liquid sweat on the skin evaporating feels cool, and the reverse process releases lots of heat.) In absorption refrigerators, the buildup of pressure due to evaporation of refrigerant is relieved not by suction at the inlet of a compressor, but by absorption into an absorptive medium (water in the case of the Icy Ball).
The IcyBall system moves heat from the refrigerated cabinet to the warmer room by using ammonia as the refrigerant. It consists of two metal balls: a hot ball, which in the fully charged state contains the absorber (water) and a cold ball containing liquid ammonia. These are joined by a pipe in the shape of an inverted U. The pipe allows ammonia gas to move in either direction.
After approximately a day’s use (varying depending on load), the IcyBall stops cooling, and needs recharging. The IcyBall is removed from the refrigerated cabinet, and the cold ball, from which all the ammonia has evaporated during the previous cycle, is submerged in cool water. The hot ball is then heated gently to boil off the ammonia dissolved in the water inside it. (The solubility of ammonia in water drops as temperature rises.) The pressure in the system rises to around 1.72 MPa, and at this temperature, the ammonia readily passes through the u-tube, and condenses in the colder ball, which is kept cool by the water bath.
When the cold ball is fully charged with liquid ammonia (indicated to the user by a whistle), the device is turned around, placing the hot ball in the cool bath. As the hot ball cools, the pressure in the system falls, eventually dropping to the point where the liquid ammonia in the cold ball begins to evaporate (ammonia has a boiling point of −33.34 °C at standard air pressure), and the cold ball begins to freeze. After several minutes it is cool enough for ice to form on its surface. It is then placed on the stabilizer inside the refrigeration cabinet. The stabilizer is filled with an antifreeze solution which both supports the cold ball and provides a large thermal inertia to moderate the cooling. A small hole in the refrigerated cabinet allows the u-tube to pass outside into the room.
The cold ball has an opening into which an ice-cube tray could be placed, the forerunner of the „freezing compartment“ in modern refrigerators.
The actual construction of the Icyball is slightly more complex than described above, to improve the efficiency: The connecting tube runs to the lower part of the warm ball, allowing the ammonia vapor to bubble through the water speeding absorption, and also serving to stir the solution so heat is better transported to the finned walls. This „bubbler“ was bypassed by a liquid (no moving parts) check-valve during regeneration, so that only gas, and not liquid solution was transferred to the cold side. The operation of the liquid check valve was somewhat similar to the water seals (J-traps) used in plumbing drains. Mechanical check valves require too much pressure to function properly in this application. To minimize the amount of water transferred to the cold ball during the recharge cycle, trapping structures were placed in the upper part of the connecting tube, allowing only gas to pass, and directing water back to the warm side ball.
In practice, too high a flame and the water will boil, contaminating the ammonia that, alone, should liquefy in the cold ball, and if the water bath is allowed to warm, the ammonia will not fully condense.
While the Crosley Icy ball refrigerator is no longer sold or manufactured, absorption cycle refrigeration is still in use. In addition to RV applications, ammonia cycle refrigerators are still used in developing countries. These are also batch-cycle devices, but incorporate various condensers, check valves, integral kerosene burner, etc., so that the disassembly and tub of water required to regenerate the Icy Ball are no longer needed. Ammonia refrigeration is also used in large industrial applications, where its efficiency more than compensates for the higher initial cost, and associated risk. Though it was once fairly popular for home air conditioning, concerns related to ammonia leakage have caused mechanical refrigeration to dominate that market.
Europe 2 TV était une chaîne de télévision française généraliste commerciale privée, à dominante musicale, créée le par le Groupe MCM pour la TNT. Elle a été renommée Virgin 17, en même temps que la radio Europe 2 qui devient Virgin Radio, le .
Cette chaîne est créée par le Groupe MCM, filiale de Lagardère Active, pour la TNT sur le modèle de sa chaîne musicale MCM qu’il possède déjà sur le câble et Canalsat. Elle est initialement présentée sous le nom iMCM le lors de l’audition du Groupe MCM devant le Conseil supérieur de l’audiovisuel pour l’obtention d’une fréquence sur la TNT. Le projet est ensuite débaptisé pour être présenté sous le nom d‘Europe 2 TV lors de la seconde audience devant le CSA le , à la grande surprise de ses représentants. Ce choix vise à capitaliser sur la renommée de la radio musicale Europe 2 plus connue du grand public que MCM. Bien que portant le même nom, sa ligne éditoriale musicale est totalement différente de son format radio. Dix-neuf ans après l’expérience TV6, le CSA fait le choix d’une chaîne musicale gratuite et retient le projet Europe 2 TV le pour une diffusion sur la TNT.
Europe 2 TV commence à émettre sur le canal 17 de la TNT le à 17 h 17. La chaîne vise un public âgé de 15 à 34 ans. Son cahier des charges lui impose de consacrer 75 % de son antenne aux programmes musicaux (clips, concerts, émissions de variétés) avec un peu de documentaires. La télé-réalité ne tarde pas à y faire son apparition (Next). Des rendez-vous réguliers sont programmés avec des soirées thématiques : Live le lundi, Déconne le mardi, Sexy le mercredi, Fille le jeudi, SF le vendredi, Manga le samedi et Hit le dimanche. Des séries inédites et plus anciennes sont aussi à l’antenne.
Classée dernière des chaînes de la TNT en termes d’audience et souhaitant toucher un public plus large pour concurrencer NRJ 12, Lagardère Active décide durant l’été 2007 de rebaptiser ses marques Europe 2 en radio et télévision par la marque emblématique de l’éditeur musical britannique Virgin avec qui il est déjà associé dans les magasins Virgin Megastore en France. Le , le CSA donne son accord pour le changement de dénomination d’Europe 2 TV en Virgin 17. Europe 2 TV change de nom le à minuit en finissant ses programmes par le titre Happy Ending de Mika auquel succède un message vidéo de Richard Branson, le patron du Virgin Group, qui célèbre la naissance de Virgin 17.
Président : Christophe Sabot du 17 octobre 2005 au 31 décembre 2007.
Directeur général adjoint : Laurent Moretti du 17 octobre 2005 au 31 décembre 2007.
Directeur des programmes : Olivier Richard du 17 octobre 2005 au 31 décembre 2007.
Europe 2 TV appartenait à 100 % au Groupe MCM, filiale à 100 % de Lagardère Active Broadcast. 56 millions d’euros sur cinq ans avaient été budgétés par le groupe avec l’objectif d’atteindre l’équilibre vers la huitième année d’exploitation, mais la chaîne a perdu 61 millions d’euros sur la période 2005-2010.
Le siège de la chaîne était situé au 28, rue François Ier (Lagardère Active) dans le 8e arrondissement de Paris.
Les programmes d’Europe 2 TV se composaient de musique, concert, séries, d’animes, cinémas, téléfilms, téléréalités à l’image de MCM.
Classée dernière des chaînes de la TNT en termes d’audience (selon les chiffres publiés par l’Institut Médiamétrie en avril 2006, Europe 2 TV réalise, au cours du premier trimestre 2006, une part d’audience de 1,2 % auprès des individus 4 ans et plus initialisés en TNT, en sixième position des nouvelles chaînes de la TNT.
Europe 2 TV était diffusée sur la TNT, le câble, le satellite, la télévision par xDSL et sur son site web.
Europe 2 TV était diffusée en clair au standard UHF PAL MPEG-2 (SDTV) sur le multiplex R2 (NTN) de la TNT par TDF, Towercast et OneCast du à 17 h 17 au à minuit.
Europe 2 TV était diffusée sur les réseaux câblés français Numericable, monégasque (Monaco Télécom) et suisses (Cablecom, Naxoo et City TV).
Europe 2 TV était diffusée par satellite sur les bouquets Bis Télévisions (Hot-Bird à 12,539 GHz, H, 27500, 3/4), Canalsat (Astra 1 à 11,538 GHz, V, 22000, 5/6) et sur ses déclinaisons ultramarines (CanalSat Caraïbes, et CanalSat Réunion), la TV d’Orange et la TV d’Orange Caraïbe. Elle faisait également partie des offres gratuites FRANSAT (via Eutelsat 5 West A) et TNTSAT (via Astra 1) qui permettent de recevoir les chaînes de la TNT par satellite, sans abonnement, dans les zones non couvertes par la TNT.
Europe 2 TV était diffusée sur les bouquets de télévision IP par ADSL en France (Freebox TV, la TV d’Orange, le Bouquet TV de SFR, BBox TV et Dartybox).
Europe 2 TV a perdu un procès pour avoir plagié le slogan du magasin Champion et Stoc Chez Stoc, un client c’est sacré et Chez Champion un client c’est sacré. En effet, la chaîne de télévision s’est permis de reprendre l’air du refrain avec les slogans chez Europe 2 TV, une musique c’est sacré. Débutée en 2002 sous le nom d’i-MCM, la bataille judiciaire aura duré cinq ans, pour s’achever le 31 décembre 2007 à la faveur des anciens magasins devenu Carrefour Market qui a dû se pourvoir en cassation à deux reprises. La cour a rendu son verdict en vertu du principe d’ordre public de l’inaliénabilité du droit au respect de l’œuvre et devient Virgin 17 .[réf. nécessaire]
Druid is a column-oriented, open-source, distributed data store written in Java. Druid is designed to quickly ingest massive quantities of event data, and provide low-latency queries on top of the data. The name Druid comes from the shapeshifting Druid class in many role-playing games, to reflect the fact that the architecture of the system can shift to solve different types of data problems.
Druid is commonly used in business intelligence/OLAP applications to analyze high volumes of real-time and historical data. Druid is used in production by technology companies such as Alibaba, Airbnb, Cisco, eBay, Netflix, Paypal, and Yahoo.
Druid was started in 2011 to power the analytics product of a company named Metamarkets. The project was open-sourced under the GPL license in October 2012, and moved to an Apache License in February 2015.
Over time, a number of organizations and companies have integrated Druid into their backend technology, and committers have been added from numerous different organizations.
In October 2015, the commercial company Imply launched to provide enterprise level support and professional services for Druid.
Fully deployed, Druid runs as a cluster of specialized processes (called nodes in Druid) to support a fault-tolerant architecture where data is stored redundantly, and there is no single point of failure. The cluster includes external dependencies for coordination (Apache ZooKeeper), metadata storage (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, or Derby), and a deep storage facility (e.g. HDFS, or Amazon S3) for permanent data backup.
Client queries first hit broker nodes, which forward them to the appropriate data nodes (either historical or real-time). Since Druid segments may be partitioned, an incoming query can require data from multiple segments and partitions (or shards) stored on different nodes in the cluster. Brokers are able to learn which nodes have the required data, and also merge partial results before returning the aggregated result.
Operations relating to data management in historical nodes are overseen by coordinator nodes. Apache ZooKeeper is used to register all nodes, manage certain aspects of internode communications, and provide for leader elections.
William Jenkins Worth (March 1, 1794 – May 7, 1849) was a United States officer during the War of 1812, Second Seminole War, and Mexican-American War.
Worth was born in 1794 in Hudson, New York, to Capt. Thomas Worth and Abigail Jenkins. Both of his parents were Quakers, but he rejected the pacifism of their faith. He received common schooling as a child and moved to Albany where he was working as a merchant when the War of 1812 began. Capt. Thomas Worth, Master mariner, b. Nov 1765, Edgartown, married 1st abt. 1790 in Hudson, N.Y. Abigail Jenkins (1766 – 1800). Married 2nd, 8 Aug 1802 in Martha’s Vineyard, Mass. Susanna Swasey (1777 – 1859). Thomas died of consumption 29 May 1812 Hudson, NewYork and buried at Martha’s Vineyard. The Worth and Jenkins families were among the 30 Proprietors who established Hudson, N.Y. formerly known as Claverack. William Jenkins Worth married Margaret Stafford 18 Sept. 1818, Albany, Albany county, New York, born 16 Jan 1799 in Albany, New York and died 21 Jun 1869 in Saint Augustine FL. buried in St. Augustine National Cemetery, daughter of Col. John and Margaret (Denniston) Stafford. The children of William and Margaret Worth are 1. Mary Worth Sprague – B. 22 Oct. 1822 in West Point N.Y., Married Bvt. Brig Gen. John Titcomb Sprague. D. 6 Nov.1876, is buried beside her mother and son. 2. Margaret Worth B: 1828 in New York D: 25 Nov 1914 in Richmond, New York. 3. Josephine Worth B. 1830 4. Brig. Gen. William Scott Worth B: Jan 6. 1840 in Albany, New York D:16 Oct. 1904 in Richmond, New York.
Worth was commissioned as a first lieutenant in March 1813, serving as an aide to (then brigadier general) Winfield Scott during the war, and developing a friendship with him. He later named his son Winfield Scott Worth. He distinguished himself at the battles of Chippewa and Lundy’s Lane during the Niagara campaign. In the latter battle, he was seriously wounded by grapeshot in the thigh. He was not expected to survive, but after a year’s confinement he emerged with the breveted rank of Major—though he would remain lame for the rest of his life. Also as a brevet Major Worth uttered his most famous words that are now inscribed in West Point’s „Bugle Notes“, a book of knowledge all cadets must know by heart. They are as follows:
But an officer on duty knows no one — to be partial is to dishonor both himself and the object of his ill-advised favor. What will be thought of him who exacts of his friends that which disgraces him? Look at him who winks at and overlooks offences in one, which he causes to be punished in another, and contrast him with the inflexible soldier who does his duty faithfully, notwithstanding it occasionally wars with his private feelings. The conduct of one will be venerated and emulated, the other detested as a satire upon soldiership and honor.
After the war he was Commandant of Cadets at West Point and would rise to the rank of Colonel in 1838 when he was put in command of the newly created Eighth Infantry Regiment. Using his own tactics he successfully prosecuted the Second Seminole War in Florida and was made a brevet brigadier general in 1842. Eventually, he convinced Secretary of War John C. Spencer to allow the remaining Indians in the territory to confine themselves to the region south of Peace Creek, and declared an official end to the war in August of that year.
When the Mexican-American War began Worth was serving under Zachary Taylor in Texas and negotiated the surrender of the Mexican city of Matamoros. He next commanded the 2nd Regular Division, Army of Occupation at the Battle of Monterrey in September 1846. In 1847, Worth was transferred to his old friend Winfield Scott’s army and placed in command of the 1st Division. During the amphibious landings at Veracruz he jumped from his boat in into shoulder deep water and waded ashore to become the first American to make an amphibious landing.
He took part in the Siege of Veracruz and engaged in the battles of Cerro Gordo, Contreras and Churubusco. In Mexico City Scott ordered Worth to seize the Mexican works at the Molino del Rey. Worth and Scott’s friendship came to a head when Scott refused to allow Worth to modify the attack and the battle caused the 1st Division severe casualties, much to Worth’s dismay. Worth later renamed his son Winfield Scott to William. He next led his division against the San Cosme Gate at Mexico City. When U.S. forces entered Mexico City, Worth personally climbed to the roof of the National Palace and took down the Mexican flag replacing it with the Stars and Stripes.
For his service at the Battle of Chapultepec, the United States Congress awarded him with a sword of honor.
In 1847 he was admitted as an honorary member of the New York Society of the Cincinnati.
In 1848, Worth was approached by a group of Cuban Freemasons known as the Havana Club, composed of sugar plantation owners and aristocrats, who advocated the overthrow of the Spanish colonial government in Cuba. The Havana Club sent college professor Ambrosio José Gonzales to entreat Worth to lead an invasion of Cuba. Knowing Worth was also a Freemason, Gonzales greeted the war hero with the Masonic secret handshake, and subsequently offered him three million dollars to lead an invasion force of five thousand American veterans of the Mexican-American War against the Spanish in Cuba. Worth accepted the offer, but before the plot could be concluded, he was transferred by the War Department to Texas.
He was in command of the Department of Texas when he died of cholera in 1849 in San Antonio.
Worth’s remains were reinterred in a 51-foot granite monument on Worth Square on a traffic island between Fifth Avenue and Broadway at 25th Street in New York City’s borough of Manhattan. The Worth Monument is the second oldest monument in New York. The monument was designed and built by James G. Batterson in 1857. The monument’s central decorative bands are inscribed with battle sites significant in Worth’s career and attached to its front is a bronze equestrian relief of Worth. Each spike of the cast-iron fence surrounding the memorial is topped with a plumed helmet, reflective of the plumed helmet Worth is shown wearing in the memorial. The American painter Thomas Hart Benton depicted the obelisk in New York, Early Twenties. Worth Street (Manhattan) at the southern end of Little Italy was named in his honor. The north side fence was removed around 1940 to accommodate an above ground utility shed which services the water supply system pipes beneath the monument.
The cities of Fort Worth, Texas and Lake Worth, Texas, the village of Worth, Illinois, Worth County, Georgia, Worthville, Kentucky, Worth County, Missouri, Worth County, Iowa and the Lake Worth Lagoon in Florida, and consequently, the city of Lake Worth, Florida on its shores, are named in his honor.